Tuesday, January 8, 2019

IETLS Speaking part 2: Making a complaint


Topic cue card:

Talk about a successful complaint that you made and its result. Please say

– What was it about?

– Why did you make it?

– What was the result?


Answer:

I would like to talk about the time I made a complaint to a manager of a local hotel.

My company organized a conference at that hotel. It was a small local hotel but had good reputation for its beautiful conference room and good food. At first, it seemed to be a successful event, but later an incident ruined it all.

Because it was an all-day meeting, we had reserved lunch in the hotel. We expected nice and hot food because it was in winter and everybody just needed something to warm them up. However, to our disappointment, the food was utterly cold. Some guests even complained to me that they felt as if they were having leftover food from the day before.

I immediately called the hotel manager and told him about the food. The manager listened to my complaints and called the chef over. They apologized to me about the food and explained that because there were over one hundred people, they were worried that they could not serve the food fast enough so they prepared the food early in the morning, which resulted in cold food on the tables. They immediately called back the dishes and reheat them before bringing them out again. This time the food tasted fine and the guests were happier.

Although I was not happy with this incident, I was pleased that they tried to fix the problem right away. After that, I still organize events in this hotel, and never had such problem anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment